"What did you do this weekend, Jason?"
"Oh, you know the usual: ran 18 miles and helped a hot air balloon team lift off!!!!!!!"
Freaking coolest life experience I’ve had in a long time at the end of my run! I saw these cool cats blowing up their balloon, and I was at mile 17.20 or something, so I needed to add mileage so I ran on a sidewalk around their balloon so that I could end up right there. I’m the most anti-social human being on this planet but even I was giddy with excitement to talk to them, so I walked over and was greeted with smiles. They had the balloon up and were getting the basket loaded up with 3 people, so the main lady asked me if I wanted to help steady the basket. I was like “Sure!!!” and she told me very brief instructions such as “Push down and hold on, but don’t let it lift you off the ground.” They got 3 people in, and off it went. Crazy. She gave me her number and offered me a ride if I am ever interested. That’s just nuts. We saw them last weekend. They only go out when the wind is 10 miles per hour or less, so in Kansas that isn’t too often.
Oh! Yeah, I ran. I kept it at a slower pace, and I’ll be honest, my leg hurt for 16 miles. I’ll monitor this and skip some short runs if I have to, but I need to be good by next weekend. Oh yeah, and I stepped in a mud puddle. I enjoy getting dirty on a good long run, but it was purely accidental.
That’s about all I have to say for now. 18 miles and part of a hot air balloon team. All before 8 a.m. Damn …
- happilygettingfit likes this
- lilytrail likes this
- desert-child likes this
- milesofbooks likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- trivialbob likes this
- musesandmarathons likes this
- orange-active-science likes this
- fromlazytolively likes this
- melanietris likes this
- h-co3 likes this
- thereluctantrunner likes this
- clevcrew likes this
- tinkerbellrun said: Awesome!!! :D
- tinkerbellrun likes this
- pushingmylimit likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- fromthebackofthepack said: I rode a hot air balloon once! It was incredible. And terrifying. But mostly incredible.
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- karikeepsrunning said: Awesome run! In more ways than one ;)
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- malloryrunsthis said: Nice run! And that’s so cool about the balloon! Hopefully you get a chance to take a ride!
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- bibbermanblack likes this
- saturdaymorningdarkness posted this