Just got this in the mail. It’s an excuse to write a running-related post, however meaningless it may be:
1) Next weekend I will run 26.2 miles. In two days. I’ve decided that since I do have a Half Marathon on Sunday, I don’t want to overdo it on Saturday, but I want to keep the legs churning. Therefore I should be able to run a nice calm 13(.1 heh!) miler on Saturday morning and recover in time to run a nice easy race on Sunday. A Half PR isn’t even possible, so I’m not going to try.
2) I never fuel for long runs. I run on an empty stomach, always. It just works for me. However, I should probably start using something because I will need it during the marathon. But I HATE running gels, gummies, goop, whatever those things are. Can’t I just stuff some pizza in my hydration belt??
3) After Oct. 13, I’m probably going to ease off of running for a bit. I’ll probably stop running on Thursdays, and my long runs on Saturday will be 10-13 max. And Sundays, who knows. I just won’t have any goals to drive me. I will not hit 1,000 miles this year :(
4) And to be honest, I’m ready for this thing to be over with. Although it is exciting, marathon training feels like a job. And the actual marathon feels like judgement day. I will be relieved when it’s over. Seriously.
- fromlazytolively likes this
- sarahsrunningbucketlist likes this
- shufflingalong said:If it doesn’t upset your stomach, eat it. I always bring a cliff bar and eat it while I’m actually running on my long runs. I like gummies but when I get hungry I need something solid.
- happyhealthycook likes this
- bibbermanblack likes this
- lilytrail likes this
- sararuns said:Yea it’s definitely a job. I couldn’t agree more!
- trivialbob likes this
- clevcrew said:I always ran on an empty stomach. Worked for me too…
- malloryrunsthis said:Marathon training is so exhausting. It’s worth it, but I don’t think I can be one of those people who is always in shape for one.
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- runnergirlforlife likes this
- mantarei87 likes this
- saturdaymorningdarkness posted this