Race #34 is complete.
The weather was 73 degrees and breezy, with lots of sunshine. The second I got to the race, I saw a mom from my son’s school who my wife and I run into most days. She was a pacer today for the 1:45 group. I was having a premonition of finishing in 1:44 so I decided to run with her. Our “group” was only a few people. Much of the race I broke away and went secretive rogue runner and ran ahead but at mile 8 or so I was doing good to slog along and hold pace with them. At each mile marker I was spot-on at 7’58” per mile. In the end, I sprinted to the finish to secure my 1:44 finish time.
Not much else to say. I have to run 20 miles next Saturday rain or shine. I’m not looking forward to it. I’m getting seriously burnt out on running right now. I’m guessing that after Oct. 13, I will re-evaluate my goals and go from there. Right now, I am complete toast.PS: The two 1:45 pacers crossed the finish line at 1:45 on the nose. So impressed with that.
- noisiaz likes this
- a4p2h7 likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- runnergirlforlife likes this
- happyhealthycook said: Killed. It. You rock, J.
- sarahsrunningbucketlist likes this
- running-hobbit likes this
- desert-child likes this
- trivialbob likes this
- bibbermanblack likes this
- runningeek likes this
- lilytrail likes this
- milesofbooks likes this
- orange-active-science likes this
- winterfellwillrise likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- usualchatter likes this
- malloryrunsthis said: Nice job!
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- clevcrew likes this
- chrisontherun likes this
- chrisontherun said: Nice job!
- carolynruns likes this
- saturdaymorningdarkness posted this